Event Planner Wanted!
Event Date: May/June 2022
Seabury Resources for Aging | Mission
Seabury Resources for Aging provides personalized, affordable services and housing options to help
older adults in the greater Washington, DC area live with independence and dignity.
Leadership in Aging Celebration | Event Description
Leadership in Aging (LIA) Awards Celebration is Seabury’s premier annual celebration that honors local
or regional individuals or organizations for their outstanding service in the field of aging and within the
community. We are expecting over 150 guests to network, celebrate, and raise awareness. For
marketing and advertising, the estimated reach will be over 900 individuals.
Seabury Resources for Aging is searching for an Event Planner/Coordinator to support the
organization’s premier annual celebration and fundraising event, Leadership in Aging. The 2020 and
2021 events were changed from an in-person event in May to an all-virtual event in September due to
We are planning on an in-person event in May 2022 or possibly June depending on venue availability.
Date: TBD May or June 2022, Wednesday or Thursday evening
● Eaton Hotel 1201 K St NW, Washington, DC 20005 (preferred)
● Hybrid (a combination of both Eaton Hotel & Virtual)
Leadership in Aging Celebration | Event Planner Position Description
We are looking for a successful and enthusiastic Event Planner to coordinate Seabury’s 2022
Leadership in Aging Celebration working in conjunction with the Seabury Resources for Aging
Advancement staff. The ideal candidate or company will have significant and successful experience
with in-person and hybrid events. Excellent customer service and organizational skills are expected
while completing a memorable and successful event that meets quality and fundraising expectations.
● Event planning, design, and production while managing all project delivery elements within time
limits--working to determine the best solution (in-person, virtual or hybrid still to be determined)
● Work in conjunction with Seabury Advancement staff (there will be a designated point person) to
identify their needs and to ensure satisfaction
● Provide feedback and periodic reports to stakeholders
● Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality
● Organize facilities and manage all event’s details such as decor, catering, entertainment,
transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, etc with
Advancement team feedback and within budget
● Implement an auction/fundraiser component designed to raise $100,000+
● Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health, and safety obligations
● Specify staff requirements and coordinate their activities
● Work in conjunction with Seabury Communications Manager to promote and publicize the event
● Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
● Conduct pre-and post-event evaluations and report on outcomes
● Proven experience as an Events Planner or Organizer (in-person and/or hybrid)
● An impressive portfolio of previously managed in-person and hybrid events with nonprofits--to
include upper five- and six-figure fundraising events
● Excellent time management and communication skills
● Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships
● Ability to manage multiple projects independently
● Google Suite proficiency
● Willing to submit references from previous clients
● Based in Washington, D.C. region
Interested candidates: Please submit an email to Maryann Kearns with “LIA Event Planner” in the subject line.