Join the Seabury Team | Nutrition Aide
POSITION TITLE: Nutrition Aide LOCATION: Various Locations in Ward 5 & 6 REPORTS TO: Nutritionist TO APPLY: Send resume to Le'Anetta Obasanjo at email@example.com
Seabury Resources for Aging is a private, not-for-profit corporation registered in the District of Columbia, which provides variousservices to enhancethe quality of life for older adults.Seabury's mission is to provide personalized, affordable services and housing options to help older adults in the greater Washington, DC area live with independence and dignity. Seabury strives to continue to be the trusted community leader in aging services.
Overview of the Role
Under the supervision of the Nutritionist, the Nutrition Aide is responsible for providing daily administrative support to Community Dining Managers in all aspects of the program and activities.
Thisdepartment provides exceptional customer service, nutritious meals and activities at the Community Dining Sites.
• Assist CommunityDining Managers with recreational activityplanning including researching creative and innovative activities for seniors.
• Review DACL Client Intakeand Nutrition ScreenForms to ensurecompletion of requiredinformation.
• Provide peer-to-peer training on operational processesfor the Community Dining sitesfor Seabury Resources for Aging Wards5 and 6.
• Maintain accurateand current documentation on customers receivingnutritional care services, congregate, and home delivered meals.
• Conduct communitydining site monitoring to observe compliance with food safetypractice and DACL requirements at the Community Dining sites relatedto meal service to client,food and supply storage
• Document site monitoring and report outcomesto the Nutritionist.
• Review nutrition kits contents to ensure completion of required documentation.
• Conduct nutrition screening instrument follow-up assessments for at-risk clients by telephone or at nutrition sites
• Disburse and enroll GroceryPlus participants at Asbury and Capitol HillTowers Senior Buildings.
• Assist in providing health promotion information to Community Dining Managers.
• Conduct socialization calls and enter associated notes in the (Stars database.
• Perform other duties assigned.
• High school diploma or GED
• Food handlers certification
• Two plus years workingwith Seniors
• Clear communication skills including writing,verbal communication, and customer service
• Must have basic computer skills and use of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Strong attention to detail is required and ability to meet deadlines
• Thorough knowledge of effective telephone skills and conflict resolution
• Excellent peopleskills, keen judgment, patience, tact, discretion, and sensitivity to the needs and problems of older persons and those with disabilities
Work Environment: Standard office environment.
Equipment Used: PC/laptop, computer printer,camera, office copier,telephone, facsimile machine, shredder, and typical office equipment.